Brown and Pink Background

Friday, October 29, 2010

Oh The Places You'll Go...

Traveling...it all started 5 years ago.  I realized I needed something to look forward to and keep me going since my life had completely changed.  Five years ago I thought I would soon be a little stay at home mom, kissing my husband before he left to work every morning, joining the PTA, enduring the sound of children practicing the piano, basically doing all the domestic things that wives do at home, etc...life was going to be a big ball of bliss...SCREECHING HALT!  Change of plans, dreams, goals and whatever else you call them.  In fact, quite the opposite happened.  These dreams would be put on hold...for a very long time.  Hmmm...didn't quite have a backup plan for something like this!  This is where traveling became a constant in my life.  It all started with my cousin, Shari, who also lost her husband in the same accident as Justin.  She moved in with me shortly after the accident happened so she could finish school and I could make my mortgage payment.  We decided one weekend to just take off and do something out of the ordinary to get our minds off of our situations...Las Vegas baby!  Yes, a good old George Strait and Taylor Swift concert, eating at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill restaurant, and some warmer weather did us wonders!  We came back feeling like we could tackle another week of "blah."  Little did I know that this little Vegas trip would turn into more of an "obsession" for my way of coping with my new life.  I was thinking of all the places I have been able to see and experience because of this...and the list gets pretty long, but every trip was worth it and so many fun memories were made that I treasure.  Oh the places you'll go...


Africa
England
Africa
Hawaii
Mesa
Tucson

Jackson Hole

Washington DC

 
Africa, England, Wales, Mexico, Hawaii, Nauvoo, Reno, Carson City, Las Vegas, Tucson, Tappahannock/Richmond, Washington DC, Portland, Seattle, Omaha, Cheyenne, St. George, Jackson Hole and Mesa. 


Each of these trips has given me something to look forward to.  I always have a trip planned...ALWAYS.  For the year 2011, I have already started planning for Gila Valley, AZ, Washington D.C., and a cruise to Italy, Turkey, Cyprus, Egypt and Jeruselum...so I better start saving now!  Thankfully I have amazing family and friends who joyfully come along with me!  These are priceless memories and traveling is now my passion!  I am sure some people think I am crazy, but I am just trying to "enjoy to the end" rather than "endure" and it seems to be working well with my travel plans.

My AWESOME Mom - Mesa, AZ in our convertible!!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! Connie has a blog!!!! I love that you are enjoying life instead of enduring. That is what we all should do. I love the picture of you and your mom. Well, I love all the pictures actually. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! I've already learned a thing or two. All your pictures are so awesome, but I really am almost mesmerized by your Africa pictures. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! Traveling would be a dream come true! 2011 sounds very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found it!! (: Connie, this is so great! I too can't wait to see more pictures, thanks for your example and friendship. You are my hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Enjoy life to the end" I am going to make that in vinyl and put it above my front door!!!! U r amazing! Luv ya
    Tif

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yau! I am so excited to see what you are up to on all the trips you get to go on that I never will :) love it. You are an amazing persen See you next week

    ReplyDelete