Brown and Pink Background

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Arizona 2011

January 2011 - I just returned last night from a fun trip to Arizona with my Dad.  Loved every minute of it!  A few months ago I decided I needed to head back down there since I had a "long break" from school.  I was glad when my Dad agreed to go with me to meet the people that changed my life on my mission!

Originally we were going to fly into Tucson, but once we got to Phoenix to change planes, they had canceled our flight to Tucson...so we cut Tucson out of part of this trip.  I just gives me a reason to go back later!  After negotiating with the car rental company who was going to give us a little "pop can" car to drive (as my Dad would say)...we talked them into giving us an SUV for the same price!  The trip was already off to a good start!

We headed over to the Mesa Temple since it was so close.  It reminded me of being there a year previous to witness Lattney and Amanda be sealed for eternity to their sweet little girls, Savannah and Kennedy. 


We headed to the Gila Valley area where they just built a new temple.  I had really wanted to go to the dedication and open house back in April, but due to my school schedule that was impossible.  The temple was absolutely beautiful inside and out.  We met a sweet lady from Gilbert who had been a widow for 8 years and was recently remarried.  It was so fun to get to know her.  We met her in the elevator of our hotel room...and left with a new friend.



I took my Dad over to see President Spencer W. Kimball's childhood home.  When I was serving there, the members who lived here let us tour the home.


Then we were off to see a few people that I dearly love.  We didn't have near enough time to visit everyone that I wanted to.  I felt bad that we forgot to take pictures with everyone that we met with.  Sorry, Elicio's, Tiff Cluff, Hinton family and Sue McNamara!  Just means I will have to come back later to get one!

Petrea Kunz 


Brother and Sister Smith


The Jones Family



The Beals Family


 Diane


Brother and Sister Young


Donna Cain


Sister Holt


After we caught up with everyone in the Gila Valley, we drove over to Snowflake to see my Dad's brother, Bernard, and his family.  On the way, we stopped and admired some of the fence that Uncle Bernard had installed with his crew.  It made me grateful for my job...his is too hard!


Snowflake Temple


Cousin Wayne...haven't seen him in YEARS!


Uncle Bernard and Aunt Vicki...and Vicki's elk


Being with family was probably the highlight of the trip!  I can't believe I have never been there before, but they treated us like royalty.  Thanks for a fun trip, Dad!  

6 comments:

  1. What a great trip! What a great dad. So glad you got to go. Especially glad you didn't get stuck in the little can on wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It warms my heart to see you and your dad... you are such a great family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie - I listened to your thing on Mormon Channel. CAN I JUST TELL YOU...YOU ARE AMAZING! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for posting and visiting the "sick and afflicted". I love going to see Bernie & Vicki. They treat me & the kids like royalty too...they usually make Evan work:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the late night out!!! I loved having you here and thanks even more for the "experience" that has inspired me beyond words!!! I love ya girlie and keep in touch!!! Can't wait to see you again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize you'd posted this one. Love the pictures :). Glad you got to go with Dad!

    ReplyDelete