Brown and Pink Background

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

California and Las Vegas 2010

December 2010 - Loved the recent trip to California and Las Vegas with my sister, Marlene, and two friends (who are sisters) Bonnie and Laurel.  Marlene and I flew to Las Vegas the day after Christmas while Bonnie and Laurel drove from Nephi, UT to meet us there.  Marlene and I barely made our flight...by three minutes literally.  It was an absolute miracle that we made it...I have no idea why I thought we could leave Logan so late but I did.  We somehow parked our car, shuttled to the airport, printed our boarding passes, went through security (we cheated and went through business class and they didn't even care), cut in line to put our bags through the x-ray, and RAN to the gate (technically Marlene ran more than I did...I told her to go on without me and hold the plane!)  It was funny that earlier that morning I was bragging to Marlene that I had never missed a flight in my life...glad to say I still have that record!

I really wanted to see the Belagio at Christmas since they have incredible decorations.  The place was packed, but it was beautiful still.  Then we watched the water show outside and froze...but it was worth it cause Bonnie loved it! (Love ya, Bonnie!!)






Of course we had to get a picture of a small wedding chapel...I think it is funny how many people get married here!  I'll pass.  Then we ate at Denny's (has sort of become a tradition for our little road trips).  Then we took off for California!!


Laurel and Marlene


Bonnie and Connie


We drove...and drove...and drove to California!  Well...technically Bonnie did all the driving while we slept or read the Hunger Games series.  Thanks, Bon!  We did stop to eat at In and Out Burger and got some shopping in at Old Navy.  We decided last minute to go to Disneyland.  It was BEAUTIFUL weather in California all day, but got a little cold at night.  I think everyone took advantage of the weather cause the place was packed!  Still had a good time though and I even went on the Tower of Terror ride.  Bonnie was quite disappointed I wouldn't go on Splash Mountain...so I redeemed myself later by letting them drop me in a stupid elevator on the Tower of Terror.  I thought I was gonna die...heights are NOT my thing...but thanks for "encouraging" me, Bonnie...because it really was fun once it was over! Haha.  Thanks for a fun trip, girls!!  Can't wait for the next one!







5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip. I loved Disneyland Adventure! Tower of Terror was Ada and my favorite. We went probably 6 times! We loved it. We loved making faces at the camera.

    You are lucky to have such a fun sister and friends. Way to live life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...about Splash Mountain.... I apologize for my meltdown when you wouldn't go with us. Will you please forgive me? Thanks for the pics and the comments. I LOVE traveling with you girlies! You're the best! Where to next, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sigh* To have your life Connie. I wish I was in California over Christmas break. You know we went 2 1/2 years ago and Hannah who was 3 at the time can remember everything! The kids are always asking when we can go back and JayDee always tells them in 10 years. He's a bah-humbug! :) I'm glad you had so much fun and got back safe and sound! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO FUN! I'm pretty sure that you are one of the princesses in the last picture. Cinderella maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe we made that flight. (BTW - How did you get all of the photogenic genes?)

    ReplyDelete