Brown and Pink Background

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday, Justin!

February 8, 2011...Today is Justin's 30th birthday!  I remember thinking 30 seemed REALLY old once, but now that I am only three years away from being 30 myself, it does not that seem old anymore!  I was looking through pictures tonight and pulled a few of my favorites out to show why I love Justin so much!  He still makes me laugh when I look at some of them...like when he and John (his best friend) were floating down the river in a bathtub.  Or when he is shirtless having an arm wrestle with his brother and his farmers tan is extremely evident.  Or when he is literally pushing sheep down the alley at the Wellsville rodeo.  I love thinking of those times!  Below are a few of the reasons why I cannot wait to spend ETERNITY with Justin.  He is honestly my best friend, most incredible husband, and will one day be the greatest daddy.

I am sure he read the tractor book as much as the
Book of Mormon on the mission!

It was always a given fact that where Justin was,
John was there too!

Who says grown men are too old to play with farm toys?
We had an entire bedroom in our house dedicated to
the toy farm setup.  It was complete with tractor
sounds from Justin.

EVERY Saturday morning, his truck would
get a complete wash and shine.  I am sure
he cringes at the fact I can count on one hand how many
times I have washed his truck in the past 5 1/2 years!

Our famous Friday night dates.  They were usually me
driving the truck with Justin throwing hay to the cattle and
then hitting Burger King on the way home.  Who needs
expensive dates anyway?

His famous wink.  He could get away with anything
when he gave me "the wink."

His obsession with John Deere tractors!  Anyone who
knows Justin knows EXACTLY what I am talking about!

How the nieces and nephews ADORED him!

The notes he always left around the house and in my car.
Still have them and can't wait for more someday!


My cowboy...FOR ETERNITY!!

I love you, Justin!!  Happy 30th Birthday!!

Love,
Me

Oh...and how extremely handsome you were on our wedding day!

4 comments:

  1. What a great tribute. It is sooo good to remember everything like that. I am sure he is smiling knowing tht he made all those memories with you. Love ya Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are amazing connie! and your kids are going to be beautiful. ;) thanks for your example, I look up to you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of Justin all day, but never got around to calling you. I imagined him and Kenzie throwing a big party and laughing the whole time. Seeing all those pictures and your memories made me cry. I'm sure he's taught Kenzie everything about tractors and that they're getting in some good "playtime." I love you, Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to EVERYTHING, Connie and Ann. I have some pretty amazing sisters. All of your pictures reminded me of how much I still miss him. Our family reunion in heaven is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete