I love my Black Widow Girls! I rely on these awesome ladies more than they realize. I love that we can just say things the way they are and not hold anything back for fear of what others will think. I met Amy, Brittany and Ashley a few years ago and just barely met Keri. I love these women and they are some of the strongest, most faithful, understanding, loving and real people I have ever met. We met up in SLC for dinner after Keri contacted me and wanted to meet. Her dear husband, CJ, was killed in a bike/car accident on Valentine's Day this year. When I heard her story I instantly went back in my mind how it was when I found out Justin had been in an accident. There was no warning, no time to prepare, no good-byes...he was just gone. My heart just aches for her because it is such a long road. I still have my meltdown days even seven years later...but I remember the absolute hopeless feeling that first and second year. Losing a spouse isn't something you can explain. It is the deepest hurt and grief I think anyone can experience...President Hinckley said that and I agree. I have tried in the past to help people understand what it is like but you can't explain it. There are so many other trials I have not experienced that so many family and friends have dealt with - so I sometimes feel bad when I talk about mine. All I know is that Heavenly Father loves us and trusts us by giving us trials. As much as we hate them and they hurt, there is always something good that comes from them.
Ashley, Brittany, Amy, Keri, Connie
Brittany and Ashley
Amy Lou and Connie
No comments:
Post a Comment