Brown and Pink Background

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Young Women

I love the Young Women in our ward.  After serving as the President for three years, I was released and put in Webelos.  I miss my Young Women!  They are the strongest and most fantastic girls ever!  If they are the future leaders of the church, I am not at all worried.  They have amazing testimonies - and they are only teenagers.  I don't remember being that strong when I was their age.  Every single one of them has changed my life for the better.  We had so many good times, laughed a lot, cried a lot, ate way too much junk food, spiritual moments, etc.  I loved it all.  Even though it has been a month since I've been released, I still think every Tuesday night "ok, what are we doing with the YW tonight..." but then realize I don't have that responsibility anymore. 
 
I told all of my girls countless times that I want an invitation to their TEMPLE WEDDING.  I want to witness them making those special and sacred covenants that I cherish myself.  Every one of them said they would and I can't wait to rejoice with them on their special day!  I also had a rule they had to show me their prom pictures after every dance.  I LOVED that after church one day after I had been released the laurels came up to me and asked if they could still show me their pictures...OF COURSE!!  These girls have a special place in my heart!  I am so excited the age limit for missionary service has been lowered to 19.  I know every one of them would be stellar missionaries!
 
I love my Young Women!!  The pictures are of them doing yard work for Sister Hall, camping, personal progress projects, visiting Millicent, finding temple names for their ancestors and them just being awesome!
 
They have changed my life forever and it was the best calling ever!  I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father trusted me and my leaders with His precious daughters!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment