Brown and Pink Background

Thursday, October 18, 2012

MBA Graduation...

It finally happened!  I graduated with my Masters in Business Administration at Utah State after going to school on the weekends for 2 years.  I loved my MBA program!  There were about 30 of us that started and ended together.  We all worked full time while going to school, so we met on Friday nights from 6 PM - 10 PM for class and Saturday mornings from 8 AM - 12 PM.  We did a lot of group projects so we met during the week after work to complete the projects.  When you weren't in class or studying with your group, you were home reading case studies and writing papers for the next class.  After the first few months it just became routine and you were so busy that time flew by and you didn't even realize you didn't have a social life at all.  It was hard missing some fun things on weekends with friends and family but you only had 5 weekends for one class so you didn't dare miss one weekend because that would mean missing 1/5 of the entire class. 
 
I loved my group!!  We did all of our projects together and ended up basically becoming family.  It was kind of a joke because we would usually meet on Monday nights and consider it "Family Home Evening".  Dan didn't appreciate it but it was the only time we could all meet.  I love that even though we have been finished with school for a year that we still get together!
 
Since we graduated in October 2011, we had to wait until May 2012 to walk with everyone else.  When I finished my Bachelor's I didn't think walking was that big of a deal, but I did it anyway.  For the Masters, I wasn't going to miss it for the world.  After all that work I wanted some closure and celebration!
 
Here are the awesome people from my group:
 
Dan, Connie, Casey, Lori, Matt
Shanell and Teresa
 
 
And thanks to Dustin, this very expensive piece of paper is hanging on my wall.  I am so glad I did it, but would never do it again!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment