I feels like yesterday but seems like forever ago too. I had a really hard time this year on the anniversary of Justin graduating from this life. I had a complete meltdown at work and walked out. I drove two hours to Andrea's house since Sept 26 is a hard day for her too. She and Ben lost their precious daughter, Kenzie on the same day just five years later. I knew she would get it and I felt comfortable around her. I am so glad they let me intrude on Kylie and Kenzie's birthday party which included letting balloons go at the cemetery. I loved with Olivia said, "one balloon is for Kenzie and one balloon is for Jesus!" Being around children that day who are so close to the other side anyway was so helpful to me. They didn't seem sad at all that Justin and Kenzie weren't there physically...they knew where they were and who they were with. I wish I had faith like a little child.
I love watching Kylie anyway, but I really watched her on that day. She knows. She is different than other kids - in a very special way. Even Andrea commented on how she can tell Kylie is close to the other side. She almost seems grown up to me - even though she is only two physically. I just love her and still get choked up when I think about her. I was so honored that Andrea let me go to the hospital and feed her in the NICU for three days when she couldn't be there. I hadn't felt that close to Justin on the other side in a long time...except when I was in that hospital room holding Kylie. I knew Kenzie was with him and they were working side by side. Andrea and I joke that Justin has already converted Kenzie to being a huge John Deere fan.
I love that Andrea and I get to share something so special of having someone on the other side. I am not glad that she had to experience what she had, but I am glad that she gets it. I will forever be grateful to Andrea for moving in with me after Justin died and helping me move forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment